• Revolver or semi-automatic pistol with no modifications or customizations allowed
• No optics allowed
• Ammunition must be factory ammunition, no reloads, no hand loads or surplus ammo.
All ammo will be inspected.
• Handgun will be inspected for functionality
• STUDENTS SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH SHOOTING A HANDGUN AND GUN SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!! Range Qualification Test Requirements (as dictated by the TX DPS) …If doubt… we recommend and offer a Basic Pistol Course.
• Total of 50 rounds fired at a B-27 target (45" high x 24" wide)
• Score of 175 out of 250 possible points (70 percentile) required to pass
• Shooting stance from the ready position where firearm is already in a position to fire